Sunday, May 29, 2011

The miracle of the pressure cooker

I must admit that for years I was afraid of pressure cookers! My mother religiously back when I was a kid, but I think that "touch" the constant warnings of "Stand Back" and I am terrified to have one. It also does not help that he was constantly shaking, hissing steam and pushed in all directions. After some research online, it seems that I'm not the only one who had a phobia pressure cooker of growth.

That changed about two years ago when I started my ownChef business. I needed to accelerate the process of cooking up some of my favorite dishes. I knew that a pressure cooker, the solution would be so I had to take the plunge and buy my first pressure cooker. I'll do what it does best Alton Brown and explain the mechanics of pressure cookers and types.

Pressure Cooker

Well, I really do not know what I do without my pressure cooker. It's great for last-minute food preparation and allows me to get a meal on the table in under an hour.Cooking rice with traditional method takes 20 minutes but finished with a pot of rice in less than 7. This is good news for impatient cooks like me! I think everyone should learn to cook, how to use because it is a time saver. You can use any type of meat, including the cheaper cuts hard in September and it will soon be ready and will be tender and tasty. The newer models are safe, easy to use and you can pick a good one for less than $ 60.

A few days ago, whileI found shopping for meat food for sale. I thought about all the possibilities for the breast, but settled for breast sandwiches with fresh Italian bread topped with tomato and avocado and served with a light salad made of potatoes. Normally, a brisket of beef would take 3-4 hours to prepare. With my pressure cooker, it took only about an hour.

Spicy Beef

Cook time: 60 minutes Ingredients:

* 1 sliced ​​onion

* 3 cloves garlic, minced

* 1 serranoChili, seeded and chopped (optional)

* 1-1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar

* 1 tbsp. Chili powder

* 1 tbsp. Cider vinegar

* 1 / 2 tsp. Cumin

* 1 tsp. Salt

* 1 / 8 tsp. Pepper

* 3 lbs. brisket of beef, chopped (you can use the butcher, ask them to do this for you)

* 2 tbsp. Vegetable oil

* 2:01 a cooking liquid (water, beer, wine, broth, tomatoes - what you have on hand)

* 1 avocado

* 1 tomato

Method: Combine the garlic, chilli, sugar, chiliPowder, vinegar, cumin and salt in a large zip-top bag. Rub this mixture on all sides of the chest. Marinate for 30 minutes or overnight. Oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook meat uncovered for 6-8 minutes to brown both sides. Add cooking liquid, meat lifting release some of the liquid below. wedges and onion marinade then cover the pressure cooker and bring to high pressure. Cook for 1 hour at stabilized pressure. Release pressure and removeCover. slice meat across the grain. Serve with gravy. 8 servings While the breast was boiling, I mounted a light potato salad. I'll post the recipe soon. Of course, it is possible the chest with a simple salad, rice, potatoes, sandwiches etc. We have to serve! Because it was quick and easy.

For my sandwich, I dipped the bread in the sauce pan, then the breast meat, sliced ​​tomatoes and avocado. T has decided to have her home with barbecue sauce. In both cases ... wasDelicious.

The miracle of the pressure cooker

bbq cooking grill hdmi repeater

No comments:

Post a Comment